Hi! I’m Lorenzo. Welcome to my small corner of the Internet. I like self development, programming, startups, photography, and more.
What is trms about? trms is for sharing my findings with you as I go about my life. I’m a bit of a generalist. So there’s some of everything. New reader? Start here.
Here are my ten latest articles, with a link for more at the bottom:
- The Great British City InflationLink to the chart.
- The Wikipedia of Maps: OpenStreetMapMy new hobby: editing the Wikipedia of maps.
- → Why I’m Making No Internet a HabitSo for the past two weeks I’ve been talking about getting off the Internet a day a week. I thought, why not make a video talking about it too? So here it is.
- Live Intentionally: The ResultsLast week, I resolved to stay a day without Internet, and I said I’d let you know how it went. Well, I did as promised, and here are the results. On how I did it technically, I just disabled Wi-Fi on all of my devices. When it comes to my phone, I disabled all apps … Read more
- Live IntentionallyIf I had one thing to tell myself right now, that would be it. Live intentionally.
- On Game EmulationSure, it’s not the real thing. The feeling of placing the CD and turning the console on can’t be replicated by emulators. But it’s pretty darn close.
- Knowing is NothingThroughout the months I spent writing for trms, I realized one thing: I know a lot, but that knowing hasn’t helped.
- Key Takeaways from “Skin in the Game” by Nassim Nicholas TalebTaleb’s books have long been in my recommended reads list. The reason for that is that they feel like eye-opening conversations with someone who’s seen it all.
- Toki Pona: The 120-Word LanguageThere’s a language out there which distills life to 120 words. You can learn it in a weekend, and it’s actually good fun.
- The Quiet Tech ToolkitIn this post I’ll give you a couple of tricks and links to tools which, hopefully, will make your stay on the Internet just that little bit healthier and quieter.